What it is?
The Tec 50 subcourse of the TecRec Diver course introduces Tec 45 divers to the first stages of full technical deep decompression diving. Certified Tec 50 divers are qualified to make multistop decompression dives using air, EANx and oxygen with up to two gases for accelerated decompression.
What will we do?
Use decompression software and dive computers to plan and execute single and repetitive decompression dives not deeper than 165ft. (no time limit to amount of decompression).
Use air, EANx and oxygen for multiple stop decompression dives as deep as 50 metres/165 feet using standard open circuit, multiple cylinder (backmount and/or sidemount) tec diving equipment.
Use two decompression gases (EANx and/or oxygen) to accelerate or add conservatism to the decompression.
Further develop motor functions to prepare for and respond to foreseeable technical diving emergencies.
How long will it take?
- 3-4 days
- 8 Hours (minimum) classroom and practical
- 1 Confined or limited Openwater dive (8-30ft)
- 3 Openwater Dives (40-165ft)
- PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent
- First Aid and CPR within the past two years
- PADI Tec 45 certification (or equivalent)
- 18 years old
- Obtain a dive medical signed by a physician
- If not Tec 45 certified:
- 100 logged dives with: 20 dives were made with enriched air Nitrox deeper than 18 meters/60 feet
- 15(with or without EANx) dives were deeper than 30 meters/100 feet
- Same as Tec45
- Plus- 2xStage/decompression cylinders each with regulator, SPG, mounting hardware and proper labeling/markings.
- All of the required equipment is available for purchase and some of the required equipment is available for rental.
Course Fees includes:
- Books and certification fees
- Gas NOT included