What is it?
The Tec 45 course picks up where Tec 40 leaves off . Building on the Tec 40 program, the Tec 45 module covers the skills, equipment and planning needed to dive to a maximum of 45 metres/145 feet.
What Will we do?
- Use decompression software and dive computers to plan and execute single and repetitive decompression dives not deeper than 145ft. (no time limit to amount of decompression)
- Use a single cylinder of decompression gas of EANx or oxygen to accelerate or add conservatism to the decompression stops
- Learn to prepare for and respond to foreseeable technical diving emergencies.
- Master the basic skills and procedures you’ll need as you move into deeper technical diving
How long will it take?
- 3-4 days
- 8 Hours (minimum) classroom and practical
- 1 Confined or limited Openwater dive (8-30ft)
- 3 Openwater Dives (40-145ft)
- PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent
- First Aid and CPR within the past two years
- PADI Tec 40 certification (or equivalent)
- 18 years old
- Obtain a dive medical signed by a physician
If not Tec 40 Certified:
- 50 logged dives with:
- 12 dives were made with enriched air Nitrox deeper than 18 meters/60 feet
- 6 (with or without EANx) dives were deeper than 30 meters/100 feet
- Double cylinders of at least 70cf each, with isolator manifold (not required for sidemount).
- Primary & secondary regulators for back mounted doubles, one with seven foot hose, and one
- Submersible Pressure Gauge (SPG). Sidemount: One seven foot hose and two SPGs.
- Stage/decompression cylinders each with regulator, SPG, mounting hardware and proper labeling/markings. One per diver will be required.
- BCD and harness – redundant buoyancy control is required (double bladder BCD or dry suit if suitable for weight of equipment worn)
- Depth gauge/computer and backup depth gauge/computer
- Timing device and backup timing device (can be included in above)
- Exposure suit appropriate for environment and dive duration.
- Weight system (if needed)
- Jon Line
- Inflatable signal tube
- Surface Signaling device (whistle, mirror etc.)
- Reel/Spool (100ft min)
- Lift bag 100 lb lift preferred
- Knife/cutting device and backup
- Backup mask
- Primary Dive Light
- Back up Dive Light
- Oxygen Analyzer (instructor may supply)
- All of the required equipment is available for purchase and some of the required equipment is available for rental.
Course Fees includes:
- Books and certification fees
- All fills needed for training (Cylinder not included)