What is it?
This course introduces divers to limited decompression diving within accepted recreational depth limits (130ft). The course should be complete Technical diving equipment if you wish to continue on through the Tec 45 and Tec 50. However, it is easy to accommodate divers interested in very limited technical diving since the Tec 40 equipment requirements are only a bit beyond the standard recreational rig.
What will we do?
- Use decompression software and dive computers to plan and make decompression dives with not more than 10 minutes of total decompression and not deeper than 130ft.
- Use a single cylinder of decompression gas up to 50 percent oxygen to add conservatism to the required decompression
- Learn how to calculate your Surface Air Consumption and apply that to Gas supply requirements.
- Learn the techniques and procedures that apply to Technical Diving
- Learn proper emergency procedures.
How long will it take?
- 8 Hours (minimum) classroom and practical
- 1 Confined or limited Openwater dive (8-30ft)
- 3 Openwater Dives (30-130ft)
- Be a PADI Advanced Open water diver (or equivalent)
- Be a PADI Deep Specialty diver (or equivalent)
- Be a PADI Enriched Air diver (or equivalent)
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, of which at least
- 10 dives must be on enriched air
- 12 dives must be deeper than 18 meters/60 feet
- 6 dives must be deeper than 30 meters/100 feet
- Obtain a dive medical signed by a physician
- Standard Scuba Equipment with a BCD of appropriate lift and attachment points for a single stage bottle
- Exposure Protection appropriate for the environment
- A single cylinder with a dual outlet valve (H or Y valve) or A single cylinder with an 30 cf (or larger) pony bottle Or Double cylinders
- Two complete regulators with one equipped with a seven foot hose
- Stage/ Deco Cylinder with attachment hardware and a regulator and SPG
- Dive computer and additional timing device for use with dive tables
- Reel/Spool with 100 ft. line
- Lift bag/Surface Marker Buoy (100 lb lift preferred)
- Cutting Device (2 preferred)
- Access to an oxygen analyzer (instructor may supply)
- *All of the required equipment is available for purchase and some of the required equipment is available for rental.
Course Fees includes:
- Books and certification fees
- Entry fees for local diving
- 4 fills (Cylinder not included)