What is it?
The goal of the course is to teach the technical diver the proper techniques to rescue and assist a fellow technical diver is distress.
What will we do?
Some of the classroom discussion will cover:
- Accident avoidance/Risk Management
- Importance of buddy checks and unfamiliar equipment
- Lost boat procedures and emergency signaling protocols
- Decompression Issues
- Incident management to include Neurological exams and O2 Administration
How Long Will It Take?
- 12 hours (minimum) Classroom and practical
- 6 Openwater Exercises (max 60ft)
- 2 Scenarios (max 60ft)
- Certified as a Tec 45 Diver (or qualifying certification) or Tec 40 Diver (if completed in full standard technical equipment as per Tec Diver Instructor Guide). or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
- CPR/1st Aid Training within 24 months (rating may be completed along with course).
- Certified Oxygen Provider (rating may be completed along with course).
- Full standard Technical equipment equivalent to certification level.
Students are responsible for:
- Books and certification fees
- All tanks and fills needed for training, to include the instructor’s
- Any cost associated with the dives, to include any cost for the instructor