What is it?
This course introduces and develops the base motor skills and knowledge to use sidemount in a technical dive. This course can stand alone or be integrated into Tec40, 45 or 50.
- Intro to technical diving
- Tec Sidemount with 2, 3 and 4 tanks
- Gas Management
- Emergency procedures
How long will it take?
- About 40 hours
- Classroom and practical
- 1 Confined or limited Openwater dive (8-30ft)
- 4 Openwater Dives (30-100ft)
- Be a PADI Advanced Open water diver (or equivalent)
- Have a minimum of 30 logged dives
- 18 Years old
- Medical Statement (physician’s approval to dive is required only if the student answers YES to a question on the PADI® Medical Statement)
- You do not need to be a recreational sidemount diver.
- BCD and harness configured for technical sidemount diving and backup buoyancy control*
- Exposure Protection appropriate for the environment
- 4 cylinders configured for sidemount. Each with independent regulators, each with SPG.
- 2 cylinders of a size and type appropriate as main cylinders.
- The right main must have 5-7foot (1.5-2 meter) second stage hose. One 1st stage must have a LP hose for the BDC.
- 2 cylinders for stage/decompression
- Dive computer and additional timing device for use with dive tables
- Reel/Spool with 100 ft. line
- Lift bag (100 lb lift)
- Surface Marker Buoy
- Cutting Device (2 preferred)
* Student must have a reliable means for controlling buoyancy and maintaining decompression stops in midwater with a failed primary BCD. This is usually accomplished with a backup BCD (double wings) or dry suit.
- 2 tank boat
Students are responsible for: *
- All Equipment to include tanks
* Traveling to Honolulu or missing equipment? Discuss with your instructor.
Price: $889 ($335 if already Side Mount Certified)