This class is perfect for divers who have heard about technical diving and want to learn more. The course takes students through the special techniques, planning procedures and skills that set technical diving apart from traditional recreational sport diving. It also helps students improve their dive planning methods and in-water skills, while also teaching how to streamline existing gear configurations.
- Advanced Buoyancy Control
- Gas Management
- Situational Awareness
- Gear Selection & Configuration
- TDI’s Intro to Tec course is a useful stand-alone course for the diver who wants to become a more skilled, more proficient diver, regardless their intends to move onto technical diving. It is a great introduction to the TDI Advanced Nitrox and TDI Decompression Procedures courses.
- This is also a good refresher to any certified technical divers who want to refresh skills or have them reevaluated by at TDI Technical Instructor.
- Participants may have an opportunity try out differnt gear such as doubles with wings and back plate.
- Be at least 15 years old (parental consent required under 18)
- Advanced Open Water or higher
- Have a current Nitrox or Enriched Air Diver Certification
- Minimum 25 logged dives
- Basic Open Water SCUBA unit (BC, regulator, SPG, computer, etc)
- Scuba Cylinder (80cf Min)
- Reel/Spool with 150 ft. minimum line
- Lift bag/Surface Marker Buoy (25 lb min lift)
- Cutting device
- Day One: Classroom & Pool
- Day Two: Open Water
Students are responsible for:
- All required equipment to include tanks
- Any cost, if any, associated with the dives, to include any cost for the instructor
* Traveling to Honolulu or missing equipment? Discuss with your instructor.