The IDC Staff Instructor course prepares candidates to teach the PADI Assistant Instructor course and to staff PADI instructor development programs. The training furthers teaching abilities and develops candidate’s evaluation and counseling skills through independent study, classroom sessions, guided evaluation training and an internship.
IDC Staff Instructor Duties
- Independently teach and certify PADI Assistant Instructors
- Conduct IDC segments training segments under the supervision of a PADI Course Director
- Evaluate and critique instructor candidate knowledge development, confined water and open water teaching presentations.
- Provide counseling and remedial training for instructor candidates and IDC Staff Instructor candidates.
- Assist with instructor-level continuing education programs, such as PADI Specialty Instructor Training courses.
- Observe the orientation and closing sessions of PADI Instructor Examinations.
- Teaching status PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer.
- Emergency First Responder Instructor
- Agree to conduct all levels of diver training consistent with the standards and philosophy
- Agree to use the PADI System and its components
What will we do?
Candidates complete Preassessment, Knowledge Development and Evaluation Training before auditing an entire IDC or presenting all Assistant Instructor course components.
- All materials required of instructor candidates
- PADI Course Director Manual
- Knowledge Development Presentation Evaluation Form
- Confined Water Presentation Evaluation slate
- Open Water Presentation Evaluation slate
How long will it take:
At least 18 hours