What is it:
As a Gas Blender Instructor you can teach the TecRec Gas Blender course.
The Gas Blender Course covers the foundation of skills and knowledge that is needed to blend enriched air nitrox and trimix for recreational divers. The object of this course is to train potential gas blenders in the proper techniques, equipment requirements, and hazards involved in blending gas for recreational and technical scuba diving operations.
What will we do:
- Blend enriched air blends within one percent of the target mix as measured by oxygen content, following accepted safety protocols and standards.
- List the advantages and disadvantages of different blending methodologies.
- Explain the potential hazards related to handling oxygen and how to manage these hazards.
- Explain and/or demonstrate the steps for oxygen cleaning equipment such as cylinders, regulators, partial pressure blending systems, etc.
- Describe the requirements for oxygen service.
Who needs it:
All dive store employees and instructors.
How long will it take:
6 hours minimum with blending
Instructor Guide, Gas Blender CD-ROM, Gas Blender Exam, Gas fees, Registration.