What is it:
This is entry-level training. Prepares individual to recognize and respond to possible dive-related injuries
Why Take This Course:
You want to be able to recognize the problem and respond with the appropriate care, speeding the diver’s recovery and minimize lasting effects.
You will learn about:
- Atmospheric gases
- Respiration and circulation
- Decompression illness
- Oxygen and diving injuries
- Oxygen safety
You will develop the following skills:
- Oxygen equipment identification, assembly and disassembly
- Scene safety assessment
- Initial assessment
- Use of Demand inhalator valve, Nonrebreather mask
- Use of Bag-valve mask and or Manually Triggered Ventilator
- Creation of an Emergency assistance plan.
Who needs it:
All divers and bubble watchers.
How long will it take:
- Current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training.