Divemaster is the first step in working with scuba as a career. This program will expand your dive knowledge and sharpen your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. PADI Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for both the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
What You will do?
Learn dive leadership through classroom and independent study sessions
Complete water skills and stamina exercises in confined and open water
Training exercises to test organizational and problem solving abilities
An internship or series of practical training exercises.
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another training organization
- PADI Rescue Diver certification or qualifying certification from another training organization
- Medical clearance signed by a physician
- Current First aid and CPR from accredited organization (Within 2 yrs)
- 20 logged dives
- 18 years old
What can a Divemaster do?
- Work at dive centers, on live-aboards, yachts and at resorts
- Assist PADI Instructors with students
- Conduct the pool session for DSD’s (after completing DSD Internship)
- Lead PADI Scuba Divers on guided dive tours
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- Teach PADI Discover Snorkeling programs
- Conduct PADI Scuba Review programs for certified divers
- Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences
- Teach Emergency First Response programs (after successful completion of an EFR Instructor course)