How to become a DAN Instructor : Next course please look at the calendar.
The DAN Instructor Qualification Course (IQC) is the pathway to becoming a DAN Instructor. Active diving professionals who are DAN Members are eligible to enroll in this program.
- Step 1 Be a DAN member.
- Step 2 Be a current status scuba diving leader with your training agency. (dive master, dive controller, dive instructor)
- Step 3 Complete the Core Module online at DAN.org.
- Step 4 Participate in an IQC with a DAN Instructor Trainer. 1-2 Days
- Step 5 Start teaching when you receive confirmation from DAN
Do any or all of the IQC modules, selecting the courses that work best to meet the needs in your market area. Request them from your Instructor Trainer. Instructors must maintain active teaching status with DAN to conduct DAN training programs. To maintain active teaching status, DAN Instructors must teach or assist with teaching each course in which they are certified once within a 24-month period.
Instructor Trainer Workshop (ITW) :
How to become a DAN Instructor Trainer
DAN Instructor Trainers are experienced DAN instructors who are dedicated to dive safety education. DAN Instructor Trainers are the only individuals certified to train DAN Instructors as part of the DAN Instructor Qualification Course (IQC). After completing a DAN Instructor Trainer Workshop (ITW), DAN Instructor Trainers can present the knowledge and skills development sessions of the core module and the various course modules of the IQC.
- Step 1 Be a current DAN instructor who has already conducted DAN First Aid classes.
- Step 2 Be an Instructor Trainer with your scuba training agency.
- Step 3 Participate in an Instructor Trainer Workshop (ITW).
- Step 4 Start training when you receive confirmation from DAN.
To attend a DAN ITW, attendees must be an active scuba instructor trainer with a recognized training agency. Other options for participation in the ITW are available.