What is it?
The Computer Nitrox course is a great next step after the Open Water Diver certification. It is structured in an easy to understand manner by making use of a Nitrox programmable computer. The class covers the use of Nitrox from 22 to 40 percent oxygen.
The benefits of using Nitrox include:
- Increased safety margins
- Reduced post dive fatigue
- Extended no-decompression times
- No diving required with this course
What will we do? (Overview)
- History of Nitrox
- Equipment Considerations
- Dive Computers
- Advantages and Disadvantages
- Equivalent Air Depth
You will also:
- Analyze a minimum of 2 cylinders
- Log a minimum of 1 cylinder
- Program a nitrox computer
Who needs it?
How long will it take?
- Open Water Diver/Junior Open Water Diver or currently enrolled in one of those courses
- Minimum age of 18 or 10 with parental consent